AFTER SCHOOL SPORT
Burnside Primary School offers an extensive After School Sports to enhance a student’s schooling experience. Our school encourages students to become physically active and participate in the After School Sports Program. Students are able to develop relationships with classmates and other peers as well as skills and attributes such as team work, self confidence and leadership.
As a community we adhere to our school values of: Quality teaching and learning, cooperation and respect
RECEPTION TO YEAR 1
Student’s in these year levels cannot play competitive sports until they are 8 years of age.
Please go to the ‘Private Providers’ link to utilise an alternate option, ie:
Auskick, Tiger Tennis, Kids Yoga, NetSetGo, Neil Young Soccer, Taught & Bowled, In2Cricket and In2netball.
YEAR 2 TO YEAR 7
Students can register in the BPS After School Sport Program
Students can register with Private Sport Programs held on school premises
Please click on the relevant sport to view the information directly related to that sport.These pages include; Programs, Weather Policies, Locations and Uniform Requirements etc.
Term 1 and 4 only
To see our School Sports Calendar – please click – Sports Calendar Term 3 2018
Registering your child for an After School Sport team
Sports updates and emails will be sent to families via ‘EdSmart’ with information on how and when to register your child for sports teams.
Go to the ‘REGISTER NOW’ tab under the ‘Sports’ tab on our school website.
- Here you will find information regarding registering your child for inclusion in a sports team. It also provides access to the Try Booking link where online registrations and payments can be made 24/7.
- It is important to talk to your child about which sport they would like to register in. Ensure you complete all sections of the online ‘TryBooking’ registration by the due date provided.
Payments are compulsory and are part of the registration process. We only accept ‘TryBooking’ registrations for sports teams.
Be aware of registration due dates as advertised on this website and in information emails. Late registrations incur a late fee and a position in a team is not always possible depending on team numbers.
COMMITMENT – TEAM ETHOS
- Once a child has registered for a team they are expected to be committed to that team for the entire season (excepting for unavoidable extenuating circumstances).
- All sports teams traditionally have one training session per week. Matches are held on weeknights for Basketball, Summer Netball and Hockey/Minkey. Matches are held on Saturday mornings for Cricket, Softball, Winter Netball, Football and Soccer.
- Training times are dependent on coach availability. Team programs with training times and match information will be distributed at the beginning of the season. Any changes to times throughout the season will be communicated to you through team managers or the Sports Administrator.