After School Sport Registrations
- Term 1 and Term 4 of same year – Summer Season: Cricket and Softball
- Term 2-3: Football, Soccer, Hockey, Basketball and Netball
- Term 4 and following year term 1 – Summer Season: Basketball and Netball
- Training times are dependent on volunteer coach availability and team programs.
- This information will be distributed close to the start of the season by delegates.
- We ask families to be patient as this takes some time to organise.
- Please do not contact delegates unless it is an urgent matter.
- Any changes to times throughout the season will be communicated to you through team managers and/or the Sports Administrator.
- All sports teams traditionally have one training session per week.
- Parents and Caregivers must ensure that students have a drink bottle, some snacks and the appropriate sports gear and protective equipment if applicable.
- Football – Boots, Black & Yellow Football Socks, Black Football Shorts and Mouth Guard. Guernsey’s provided by the school
- Basketball – Black shorts without pockets, sneakers and mouth guard optional. Tops provided by the school
- Soccer – Boots, Yellow and Black Socks, Shin Guards, Black Shorts without pockets. Tops provided by the school
- Cricket – Cricket whites, hat, sneakers, protector box (compulsory). Other protective gear and bats provided by the school
- Kanga Cricket – Burnside Primary School uniform, hat, sneakers. Protective pads, helmets and bats provided by the school
- Softball – Black shorts or leggings, mouth guards (compulsory). Socks, glove and playing shirt provided by the school. Optional softball cap can be purchased
- Hockey – Socks, Black Shorts, Mouthgaurd, Shin Pads, Sneakers (boots optional). Tops and Hockey Stick provided by the school
- Netball – Sneakers, White Socks, pleated black skirt or black skorts (all members in the one team must wear the same style), only black under briefs. Black Burnside Uniform Top (Current design) to be worn for all games
Please be aware:
Matches for Basketball, Summer Netball and Hockey/Minkey are held on weeknights
Matches for Cricket, Softball, Winter Netball, Football and Soccer are held on Saturday mornings
All trainings and times for training are dependent upon volunteer support.
See the links located on BPS After School Sport Page for detailed information on each sport.
Summer Sports Registrations for Term 1, 2019 Cricket and Softball will be open from Wednesday 23rd January until Friday 1st February, 2019.
Late registrations incur a late fee of $50. Please be aware a position in a team may not be available for late registration, if teams are full.
To register for any school sports please make a payment via the ‘Qkr!’ app Please click on the ‘How to guide’ here: Qkr! How-To Guide
Once a child has registered for a team they are expected to be committed to that team for the entire season (excepting for unavoidable extenuating circumstances).
All players must be in the same registered uniform.
A $30 deposit for uniforms provided by the school will be taken as part of the online Sports Registration process – Please see School Sports Policy for further details.
REMEMBER: Late registrations for students placed into a team will incur a late fee of $50. The $50 late fee will cover additional administration costs. Please be aware a position in a team may not be available for late registration, if teams are full.